I love Cocoa Brown tan. I think we have all established that. So I was delighted to be invited along to their Pink Party to celebrate their first birthday. It is hard to believe it has only been one year since their One Hour Tan was released as they really have gone on to become a household name.
The event took place in the gorgeous Residence Member’s Club on Stephen’s Green and we had the entire upper floor to ourselves. We were greeted with pink cocktails and warm smiles from the pink-clad Cocoa Brown team. The girls are always so friendly and a pleasure to talk to.
The tables held stunning pink cake pops and marshmallow trees, bearing the Cocoa Brown logo, of course. I mingled with fellow bloggers, Elaine from MissE Blog, Kathleen from Squidgy Moments, Chloe from Nurse Fancy Pants, Anita from Anita’s Beauty Spot, Yaz from Glitter Mama Wishes and many more.
To the side of the room, we were able to avail of nail painting services by the lovely ladies from Carter Beauty. Mine were painted the most stunning shade of hot pink, ‘Charged Up Cherry’ by OPI and I even got a Cocoa Brown logoed falsie, created by the people at iNailz.
We then indulged at the Pick n Mix wall which was a great and unique touch and was filled with, you guessed it, mainly pink sweets!
And just check out the Cocoa Brown birthday cake! Yes, that is actual cake – chocolate biscuit cake, in case you are wondering. I am hoping for a similar sculptured cake of my face next week for my birthday haha!
Then Marissa came on the mic to thank everybody for supporting Cocoa Brown for the past year, a truly easy thing to do when the brand is so amazing and she, herself, is obviously so passionate about it.
Here is a quick look at what Cocoa Brown have accomplished in the last twelve months;
– They released One Hour Tan in November 2012
– It is now available in 97% of pharmacies nationwide
– It launched in Penneys
– They released Night and Day Tan
– It is stocked on feelunique.com
– It launched in Primark in the UK
– They released Tough Stuff which sold out in four weeks
– They won Best Tan for Body at the RSVP Beauty Awards
– It launched in Boots
– Night and Day was named Best Overall Tan by Sunday Independent Life
– Cara Pharmacy named Cocoa Brown the Best New Tan
– Night and Day featured in a headline on the Daily Mail Online and the entire Cocoa Brown range sold out across the UK
– They released Chocolate Whip and Tough Stuff in 200ml tubes
– It launched in Superdrug – the first Irish beauty brand to do so!
– They reached 30,000 Facebook likes
– They released the One Hour Tan in a new 100ml Travel Size
– They launched in Tesco
– Marissa won Irish Start Up of the Year at the Image Awards
– They launched on all Are Lingus flights
– They released exclusive Christmas Gifts Sets.
And that was just their first year so I can only imagine the successes that 2014 will bring! Whether you are a fake tanner or not, if you are Irish, you have to feel a little bit of pride for how well they are doing and I really wish them all the success in the future.
I left the event on a sugar high and with the new travel size One Hour Tan in hand. This is 100ml of product and so can be taken in your hand luggage on flights! Absolutely genius! Not to mention, so cute!
In all I had a great time and cannot wait to see what Cocoa Brown have in store (literally!) for us next.